Paroa Bay Winery
Located in the Bay of Islands, Paroa Bay Winery is a boutique estate combining luxury accommodation, traditional handmade wines, and a new restaurant, Sage.
We employ traditional techniques of viticulture and dry grown vines to create distinctive handcrafted wines of character in low yields, reflecting the white clay soils and warm climate of the Bay of Islands.
Come to the Cellar Door at SAGE today to sip our handcrafted NZ wines while enjoying the vineyard's heavenly atmosphere.
On an estate covering 24 hectares of rolling hills, we currently have just 4.5 hectares of planted vines
Just 15 minutes drive from Russell in the Bay of Islands. Sage offers outstanding authentic Italian cuisine made with fresh local ingredients and excellent wines.
Choose to stay in one of our three luxury accommodation nestled in a beautiful setting amid the hills of Paroa Bay near Russell.
- Tarapunga is an exciting luxury residence, finished to the highest standard, which ensures every indulgence is catered for.
- The vineyard cottage is a two bedroom/two bathroom house set among the peaceful rolling hills of Paroa Bay and a 10 minute stroll to a secluded beach.
- Weka is a contemporary light filled , 2 bedroom, open plan house only 20 meters behind Tarapunga. It serves as an ideal guest house for a small family of 4 or as a fully equipped staff / teen house.
- Cellar Door
- Restaurant - Mediterranean influenced cuisine
- Luxury Accommodation
- Panoramic Views of the Bay of Islands